« Lotus 2 Eleven kit car build diary

Chassi

Chassiåtgärder, bromsar, fjädring och styrning


Kolla även under Uppdateringar  där en del finns beskrivet. Also check under Updates  were some jobs are described.

2021 Sep 16

Monterat de nya huvudcylindrarna och luftat bromssystemet.

Fitted the new master cylinders and bled the brake system.


2021 Sep 12

Rivit ur pedalstället för att kunna byta både huvudbromscylinder och kopplingscylinder, de jag har verkar ha torkat ihop. Passade på att ta några bilder av chassit runt motorn när denna är urplockad.

Had to take out the pedal box so I can put in new master cylinders for brakes and clutch, existing ones seems to have dried out. Took the opportunity to take some photos of the chassis around the engine while the engine is out.


2021 Sep 07

Gjort klar bromsledningarna och luftat systemet, men får ingen verkan från bromspedalen, antar att 20 år gamla tätningar gjort sitt. Beställt ny huvudbromscylinder från Elise-parts (huvudcylindern är inte reparerbar). Tillverkat 2 distanser för bakre stagen till störtbågen mot ramen, nu gäller det att få tag i M10x50-60 långa insexskruvar. Jag har också svetsat in två plåtar för insatnsning av chassinummer.

Finished the brake lines and bled the system, but, can't get any pressure from the pedal, I guess 20 years have dried out the seals. I've ordered a new Main brake cylinder from Elise-parts (the main cylinder is not a reparable part). I also made 2 distance pieces for the rear struts for the rollover bar to the chassis, now I've got to source a couple of M10x50-60 socket head cap screws. I have welded in 2 plates for the VIN number.


2021 Sep 05

Gjort nytt justerbart fäste för handbromskontakten (från Toyota), liksom fäste för bromsbalansventilen. Har även dragit fram en något knölig bromsledning till ventilen.

Made a new adjusable braket for handbrake warning switch (from Toyota), as well as a bracket for the brake balance valve. Also traced the brake line up to the valve, a bit tricky routing.


2021 Sep 04

Som förberedelse för första SFRO-besiktning har jag monterat stötdämpare och fjädrar samt bromsoken och handbromsmekanismen, har också tillverkat och monterat de första bromsledningarna.

Preparing for the first "pre-MOT", I've fitted suspension and brakes including handbrake mechanism. I've also made and fitted the first 2 brake lines.


2021 Mar 11

Tillverkade ett verktyg för att kunna backa kolvarna. Hittade en instruktion hur man renoverar kolvtätningarna i de bakre oken, rätt komplicerat så jag avstår tills vidare och byter bara tätningar för bultarna oket glider på. Har dock putsat och målat oken gula. Främre bromsoken är nyare och från en Opel Speedster så de gör jag inget med, har bara kollat med tryckluft att kolvarna löper fritt.

Made a tool to reverse the calliper pistons. Found an instruction how to repair the rear callipers, but it is a bit complicated so I'll leave it for now after checking with compressed air that the pistons move, just changing the seals for the bolts on which the calliper slides. I've cleaned and painted the rear callipers. Front callipers are quit new from an Opel Speedster, so I'm just checking with compressed air that the pistons move.


2021 Feb 23

Fick hem repsats till bromsarna köpt från Elise-parts.

Got the repair kits for the brakes ordered from Elise Parts.


2021 Feb 10

Gjort färdigt fästet till instrumentklustret. Överväger att skära loss konsolen och flytta den en centimeter åt höger eftersom den inte sitter centrerad över styrstången. Har en känsla av att det kan bli en sån där sak som man bara ser själv, men irriteras över.

Finished the support for the instrument cluster. Might need to remove and fit it again, it's not perfectly centred above the steering column. I have a feeling that it will become one of those details you will regret not to be fixed once you had the opportunity.


2021 Feb 05

Tillverkat ett fäste för instrumentklustret från Toyota. Först monterade jag en plåt för att simulera vindrutan och se var instrumenten behövde placeras, sen en pappersmodell för att kunna göra konsoler till klustret.

Made a support for the Toyota instrument cluster. First I fitted a plate strip to simulate the windscreen to help see where to place the instrument cluster. then I made a paper model to be able make brackets for the cluster.


 

2021 Feb 02

Svetsat in fästen för strävorna som stödjer störtbågen framåt. Första försöket blev inte så bra, det gick inte att stänga dörren helt, men fixat nu.

Welded in the support for the forward facing leg of the roll over bar, first attempt not so good, couldn't quite shut the door, now fixed.


 

2021 Jan 30

Svetsat in fästen för säkerhetsbältena samt justerat läget på fästet för främre huvlåset lite framåt.

Welded the seatbelt supports to the frame and adjusted the bracket for bonnet lock a bit forward.


 

2021 Jan 12

Svetsat in fästen för sätena.

Welded the seat supports to the frame.


 

2021 Jan 11

Första svetsarna i ramen var att svetsa ihop några justeringar förre ägaren förberett för att anpassa rörstrukturen mot karossen.

First welds in this frame was joining up a couple of cuts previous owner made to adjust the tubular frame to the body.


   <

 « Lotus 2 Eleven kit car build diary